Saturday, April 9, 2011

& Smell

Julie:
We arrived in Rome yesterday, via London, without any hiccups! The only hiccup, for lack of a better word, was the guy I sat next to, for nine hours, who had diarrhea farts the entire flight (no, this was NOT Jake...or was it?). Praise be to God for safe travels (especially after the scariest taxi ride of my life - all I kept thinking was no wonder Princess Diana died in a car crash. That's right, I did reference something that happened in the '90's and not in Rome).

Jake and I love to play a game called "what nationality are you?" while traveling abroad and have determined the shoes, jeans and backpacks are typically the dead give aways. Of course, you always have the nerd who wears their money belt on the outside of their clothing letting you know they are American. So I have to wonder what is it about me that screams AMERICAN? Is it my extra pale skin? Or perhaps the fact that I have mini padlocks on my travel purse? Maybe because I, unnecessarily, took my shoes off going through security in London?

Mason - Mama & Daddy LOVE you so much and miss you! Be a good baby for Mam Mam & Baba this week.

Bean - What up dog?

Shout out - The St. Regis Rome for upgrading us and providing a fruit basket in our room! Working in the hospitality industry is all about making a personal connection. You nailed it St. Regis!

1 comment:

  1. No shout out to Lauren & Andrew? Andrew would like to know what Italians eat for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete